Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Simply The Best Veterinarian...Dr. Michelle Shoemaker



Since I raise Simply The Best border collies it only makes sense to have them cared for by a Simply The Best veterinarian!  That DVM is Dr. Michelle Shoemaker who is an important part of the team at South Bay Veterinary Hospital in Olympia, WA

As a breeder of my fabulous Hob Nob border collies, having a trusted, knowledgeable and 'breeder friendly' vet is vital to me and Dr. 'Shoe' is truly worth her weight in gold and then some!

I can always breathe easier during whelping time as I know that Dr. 'Shoe' is just a phone call away or text message accessible should I need her advice.  Anyone who raises animals knows how valuable a good vet is and the comfort in knowing they are there when you need them.

Over the 7 years that my border collies have been in her care, my dogs are always so happy to see Dr. Shoemaker by giving her lots of kisses and tail wags!  The Hob Nob border collies give Dr. 'Shoe' 2 paws up in a very big way!

 This is Dr.Shoemaker looking over one of the Trace x Klepto pups after being delivered by C-section

It is a mutual respect that Dr. 'Shoe' and I have towards each other as she listens with great interest at any information I feel necessary to share about my dogs needs, meds and breeding while at the same time I value her opinions and knowledge. 

Over the span of 30 years that I have bred border collies and even more years of living my life with dogs, I have had my share of veterinarians and even worked for several of them in my younger days.  I can easily say that Dr. Michelle Shoemaker is the epitome of what every veterinarian should strive to be like!  

I really could go on and on about Dr. Michelle Shoemaker but simply put, she is Simply THE Best!


The Shale x Lurk puppies are shown having their first vet visit with Dr. Michelle Shoemake!